This month’s top recipe giveaway is “Chicken & Mushroom Bake” shared by Kerry Pearce, the Head Chef at Ettington Chase, part of The Venues Collection.
Kerry was very excited to share this dish with us as it was one of the first dishes she tried when first starting in the hospitality industry. With time, the recipe has been adapted to fit in with a busy family life as it can be prepared early on and left in the fridge for cooking later. Treat your family with this easy and delicious recipe.
To serve 4 people
4 chicken breasts
500 g close cup mushrooms
1 tin of mushroom soup
1 packet of stuffing mix
2 tbsps. oil
Seasoning to taste
- Take the chicken breasts and seal in a hot pan on all sides using 1 tbsp. of oil & place in an oven proof dish
- Slice the onion and cook in the same pan you used for the chicken breasts using the remaining oil. Cook chopped onions without letting them colour and then move in the oven proof dish.
- Next, clean the mushrooms and cut. Place them in the same dish as the chicken and onions.
- Pour the tin of mushroom soup in to the dish. Fill the tin half full of water and pour over as well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir to make sure chicken is fully covered.
- Place the stuffing mix on top so you have a topping of around 2 cm and bake in the oven until cooked.